Search This Blog

Friday, June 09, 2006

HAPPY SUMMER, WOOT!

Okay, so today was the last day of school, and I'm all "W00t!" We got our "tentative" schedules for next year. Here's what I "tentatively" have so far:

SEMESTER 1
Mod 1: Honors Global Perspectives--Cornell (Yeah, I know. ME, HONORS CLASSES! WOAH!)
Mod 2: Honors Festival Chorus (A Day)/Honors Vocal Ensemble (B Day)--Korn
Mod 3: Chemistry I--Ballard
Mod 4: Honors U.S. History--Elsen (No more Mr. Kimble...sob)

SEMESTER 2
Mod 1: Business Communications and Keyboarding--J. Clark
Mod 2: Honors Festival Chorus (A Day)/Honors Vocal Ensemble (B day)--Korn
Mod 3: Spanish II--Leach
Mod 4: Geometry--Williams (Oh, boy)

And the great part is, ERIK AND I HAVE HONORS GP TOGETHER!!! W00T!!! I'm SO happy!

So today, I went to the New Windsor carnival with Jackie, Hanna, Daniel, Nik, Josh, Christine, Brandi, and Andrew. All in all, it was pretty fun, but the line for the Zipper was so long all night that I only got to ride it once (I rode it five times at the Union Bridge Carnival). At least I got it in once.

Oh, and something else. The police found my missing aunt. Unfortunately, she's not alive. I can't say how they found her, where, or anything, as that may "compromise the investigation". So yes, she was murdered.

So how am I taking this? Well, I won't say that I'm extremely shocked. However, I'm not really sad. Is that terrible? I'm more relieved that we finally have some closure as to what happened to her. And she's with God, which is all that really matters. I really hope that she didn't suffer too much. I wish I knew how she died though. And who the freaking hell did it.

My family's gonna have a field day at church on Sunday. People are going to come up right and left saying "Oh, I'm so sorry," and "Is there anything I can do?" Yeah, leave me alone. I know that they mean well, but I'll be frank: I hate sympathy. I don't mind it so much from my church friends though because they know enough that there's nothing they can really do. I know it's cliche, but they can't bring her back.

The thing I'm feeling the most though is apprehension. Will this bring our family together or tear it apart?? I hate family rows, they're awful. Plus, they're sooooo immature.

So all in all, the start of my summer has been pretty mixed. I do NOT need all of this drama, but I'm still living and having fun. I'm not going to burst into tears when someone says "death" or "aunt" or something. She will be missed, though.

Always,
--Amanda <---@

P.S. "Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.' " Luke 23:42-43 NIV

No comments: